Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Walking tour





So I think I'm taking you all on a walking tour of Savannah. Here are some things we've found so far. The beautiful house is on the west side of Forsyth Park, a large park about one mile from our house which has a beautiful fountain, lots of big trees and grassy areas, and a playground. There are many houses like this on the western edge of the park, some for sale. One had a sign advertising 6,000 square feet. Unbelievable. I can't even imagine what they must cost. There are many streets like this in Savannah with such beautiful houses and architecture.

Here are a couple of pictures of the library, the main branch of the Live Oak public library system. This is about 3 blocks from our house, and actually has a small castle room built into the inside for storytelling time. Elliot just wanted to know if they had Thomas books. Upstairs I found a wonderful classical CD collection. I think I'll be starting with "A" and working my way around.

And here are the kiddos. My parents left today, which was pretty sad. Elliot cried as grandma left and said, "Gah no go on plane, Gah stay my house". Michael left to try to get plates for the van, which he actually did, and I was left alone with the children...

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

beautiful. when they do a house tour give me a call & i'm buying a plane ticket. we'll leave the kids with michael & go drool over houses we'll never own.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Christine Gordon said...

You're on.

6:34 PM  
Blogger cagedwisdom said...

Is it sad that I got emotional looking at the house with the round porches? I was in awe. The kids looked cute but it must be the guy in me that gloried in and had my heart tugged by the beauty of that house.

Miss ya,

Kevin

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats