Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Elmo's Potty Time

So just a note, if you want your kid to get interested in the potty, here's the DVD for you. Elliot has watched it three days in a row and keeps asking me for a little potty. He doesn't know that I already have one in the back room for him. It's pretty funny, the DVD. Elmo's dad dances around the bathroom and sings while Elmo does a little shake dance while ON the potty. The lyrics to the songs, well, I may have to put some on here pretty soon. He and Michael left to run an errand and I almost watched the thing by myself, until I realized what I was doing.

In other news, my mom and dad are coming to visit today, which is great news in itself. They are also bringing an old camera of mom's. Good news as well. Pictures are on their way.

Thanks so much for your comments, those of you who comment. They are very encouraging and make us not feel so far away! We need that for awhile here, as we don't quite have any friends yet. Thanks ya'll.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking and looking for updates. Glad to see them! Yes, I too can picture a lot of what you're seeing; you are a great writer. It is SOOOO not cool to look at your empty house but I talked with Barb today and will meet with her Tuesday. I think there is a beach vacation with you in Todd's and my future, but we've got to get this married thing done first....Love you. Melody

4:19 PM  
Blogger Katharine F. Bedsole said...

I laughed outloud when you said you almost watched the whole video by yourself. I would do that - probably more than once.

Yea for pictures and getting more stuff done. :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my favorite 2 songs on that dvd are "accidents happen" and the "poo poo and pee pee" song - i mean really, can you get any better than that?

been praying for your family as you transition!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard Over the Rhine sing "Poop goes in the potty"? That's my favorite toilet-training song.

Dave E.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Grace Power said...

I LOVED IT! WHAT ABOUT YOU?l IVE ALWAYS LOVED ELMO!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats