Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas is coming, no matter what





We think it started around Thanksgiving. Elliot got sick, again. He seemed snotty, but that's pretty normal for him. And then came the coughing, and then the fevers. Elsie was next. Then me, then Michael. Monday was a sad day, as we took turns coughing and taking naps and moaning. Tuesday was much the same. Elliot has watched more TV than any kid his age needs to, and my house looks like it was abandoned a few days ago. I won't mention what Michael and I look like.

However, in the midst of this craziness, we managed to buy and put up a Christmas tree (which might still be crooked, but we don't care), hang up some lights on the windows, put lights on the tree, and even hang ornaments. You see the kids helping here. I put on some Christmas music and we enjoyed it. It's Christmas, and we're thankful. Our sickness will pass (hopefully) and again we'll celebrate. I always love Christmas at Grace and Peace (our church, for those of you not in St. Louis) because of the dual emphasis at Christmas. It was the first place I really learned to anticipate both Christ's first AND second coming every Christmas. So, come, Lord Jesus! Today, if possible. Then we'd DEFINITELY never be sick again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Baubrey said...

First off, I LOVE your pictures. They're always so expressive. It's like they are living things. It's pretty interesting.

Secondly, that Christmas light lined baby dome is HILARIOUS! Elsie bug is cute too!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats