Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Time out duck


So, we've been using time out with Elliot, who is 2 in every sense of the age. The duck has a timer which rings when finished, at which time Elliot is allowed to get up. Sometimes it really seems to help his attitude. The other day he had been whining about wanting to watch his trains, which he had already seen that day. Suddenly he handed me the duck. "On", he said. "You want me to turn it on?" I asked. "Yeah". "Do you need a time out?" I asked. "Yeah". So he walked over and sat down, waiting for me to turn on the duck. I did. And he sat there quietly. He got up before the timer went off, but I figured, hey, this is self-inflicted. The timing is not important. When he got up, his attitude was much better.

I think I should put myself in timeout as well. I need it as much as Elliot, most days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tirzah said...

Time out duck looks like he means it.

7:34 AM  
Blogger cagedwisdom said...

I wish my Mom new about time out duck because she just chose to tear some but up.

I should preemptively buy the duck for my future children for my future wife for all those future time outs for future baby George.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Tirzah said...

George?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats