Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Waiting



This is kind of what we feel like we've been doing - waiting. I mean, we're going places, doing things... But really we're waiting. Yesterday the doc said there's no way Elsie's waiting until her due date to come (Aug 20). So when I couldn't sleep while Elliot and Michael were napping this afternoon, I started intensely cleaning the house, hoping I would trigger a beginning that would not end in disappointment, but in a baby. I cleaned for 2 1/2 hours. I had two contractions.

The good news is, the house is cleaner. Michael's cooking dinner, and Elliot took a long nap. So, we wait.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. I am hearing about you and my sister's waiting at the same time. I hope your little one comes soon--I'm sure it's hard!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I am happy to offer my house for cleaning, if you get finished with yours. Let nothing hinder you from triggering a birth. My house is your house.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

you can come clean mine too, after you finish with mels. my car could use some washing too. anything to help you out.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Christine Gordon said...

You guys are so generous. Ah, the generosity of friends. I think the order of the afternoon is N A P.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't wait to hear news of Elsie's arrival. We'll be praying for safe and speedy delivery for mom and baby. Miss you.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats