Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just married

So this has been a funny few days. Some friends of ours got married last Saturday. It was a great wedding. I heard the reception rocked (I was unfortunately having completely unproductive contractions). Michael took the couple to the train station Monday morning and kept their car. This worked out well, since ours was in the shop for the three days. So Elliot and I have been riding around in this Jeepish/SUV like thing for three days. The funny thing is, the car was decorated for the wedding.

Monday afternoon Michael got a honk, smile, wink and thumbs up from some woman as he drove by. And you should see the stares I've gotten as I, the large, very pregnant woman walk around past the "Just married" writing on the back window and get my 2 year old out of the car. It's been fun. I love the reactions. The driver's side window said for awhile "Almost not a virgin anymore" or something like that. I don't think they bought that one with me. It was inappropriate enough in general, me driving or not, that I couldn't take it after one trip somewhere close. So I washed it off with a diaper wipe. Ironic, eh? The rest I left, though. We took the car back today, and got ours back. It's been fun, but it's over. I'm both sad and happy to say, I MISSED my minivan. ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Chris,

What's Elsie's status? Do you think she's going to wait a couple more weeks or show up early?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Christine Gordon said...

I'm hoping it's tonight, to tell you the truth. I am pretty sure it'll be in the next week or so... here's hoping...

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats