Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Labor 2 - out

So, I figured there would be several labor posts. Elsie didn't take much time, though. Here's the scoop: I got an epidural around 10:30 and they broke my water at 11pm. Let me just say, whoever invented the epidural deserves something REALLY good. My GOSH those are good drugs. So glad I don't have access to something like that. I'd sell my children for it. Anyway, I progressed from 5 to 10 cm in about 2 hours, without anyone knowing. The nurse came in and was a bit startled at the fast progress, as was Elsie. Her heartrate dropped a bit b/c of the quickness of moving through the birth canal. But it came back up and we started to push. It was totally surreal, being so fast. I started pushing at 1:06am. 7 minutes later, at 1:13, she was here. I pushed twice. We were waiting for another contraction to push through, and I felt her moving, on her own. I said, Michael, is she moving, b/c I'm not doing it! Uh, yeah, you guys, she's moving! Michael was trying to get the attention of some of the 6 people now in our room who had suddenly appeared when her heartrate dropped. They were all trying to get gowns on and tables ready, etc. The resident turned around and pretty much caught Elsie on her way out. The doctor was walking in the room, still trying to get his booties on. He didn't quite make it...

So, 6lbs 7 oz, 19" long, full head of BLACK hair. She looks very much like Michael's mom. So far she's quiet and cute, eats well and squeaks with very feminine little squeaks. Thanks so much for all of your prayers - it was a GREAT delivery! Even the staff was amazed at how easy it was, and how alert she was when she was born. Today we're just hanging out, trying to get some sleep since we really didn't sleep last night, and enjoying Elsie. Stay tuned for pictures. And thanks for your comments!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that is fast. congratulations! i can't believe you are already blogging.

jeremy

1:43 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

i can't wait to meet her! i'm glad your little girl isn't bald...

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you. Glad labor was quick and relatively uneventful. Can't wait to see pictures

2:30 PM  
Blogger The Burkley's said...

Congratulations! Heather and Hannah are beaming from ear to ear on the arrival of their sweet cousin! Can't wait to see pictures! Better yet...hope to hold her soon! Rest up and enjoy her! Love, Angie
p.s. Give Elliot xoxox's

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for babies and quick labor! Praising God with you. Congratulations!

4:06 PM  
Blogger david, kelly & sam said...

woo hoo! so glad all went so well. can't wait to see some pics.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you guys.

4:18 PM  
Blogger cagedwisdom said...

Well done Gordons, does this mean michael is free to pitch on Sunday? Kevin B.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats