Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Polka


Michael wants to call her piglet because she makes these little piglet noises. It's cute now, but somehow it doesn't seem like a good deal. A girl, in the American culture, named piglet? Surely she'd have an eating disorder by age 9. Today I've been calling her polka dot.

She gets fussy once or twice a day, but is quieted if I put her in the Baby Bjorn, a type of sling that attaches her to the front of me. She doesn't immediately fall asleep, but first just looks around for awhile, like she wonders at life from this different vantage point. Her eyes are wide open while I sweep the floor, empty the dishwasher, do the laundry, or whatever. Then eventually I look down and she's out. It's pretty cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger cagedwisdom said...

Polka dots yes
Piglet No
Baby Bjorn Rocks. Don't have one but it's the "acceptable version" of not carrying your baby in the front of your bib-overalls. Maybe they got the idea from us rednecks.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Tirzah said...

I think its the girl n her thst wants to be involved and a part of what your doing. Too cute.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats