Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Slides





I can't tell you how happy Elliot was the other day to spend some time on these slides. He loves to climb and seldom gets to do it. He especially liked the red slide you see here, as it was made for someone just at his level. He could climb the stairs himself, push himself along at the top, and slide down face first, tummy down. He would giggle all the way down, flip over at the bottom of the slide, practice stepping from the slide back onto the gravel, and then walk to the steps to do it all over again. How many times did he do this? I lost count after 11. The kid enjoys repetition.

Otherwise, he's begun giving speeches most every day. I'll try to capture one on film. He begins by raising a hand, usually his right, and speaking with great authority in his voice. He walks around in a circle, giving his speech with great seriousness. He gave one at our friend, Karsee's house the other day. He mostly gives them in the kitchen. Often they include pointing at everything we've said no to in that room and saying "Neh. Neh, neh, neh." You'd think that's all we ever say to the kid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, those preacher's kids ;) No, seriously, I bet it is pretty cute.

8:17 PM  
Blogger gma b said...

have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate you keep up this blog??? I enjoy it sooo much. thanks

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats