Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Morning phone calls



Elliot had a 103 degree fever yesterday and his mama sorta freaked out. I thought, isn't 104 degrees where his brain starts to be damaged? The doctor's office shared my concern. "Bring him in," they said. Well, the Ibuprofen worked and by the time we got to the doc he had come down to 98 degrees. I love drugs. I'm so thankful I live in 2006. We're successfully keeping the fever down now.

So Elliot of course had some phone calls to catch up on this morning, having missed much of yesterday being sick. He keeps attempting to say HELLO when he picks up the phone, holds it to his ear and has whole conversations with whomever he hears on the other side. He paces the upstairs hallway and my closet, having secret meetings via phone, keeping an eye on me the whole time. Maybe he'll work for a secret government operation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. That must be scary to see the numbers on the thermometer that high!

Maria

7:17 PM  
Blogger Christine Gordon said...

Definitely scary. Did I say it was a rectal temp? Poor kid. He doesn't seem to mind it, though.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

i think he & jack are conspiring to overthrow us so they can eat cookies all day...oh wait...jack does that already!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor you as well as Elliot; I don't think it would be fun to take your child's temperature that way. Thinking back to another blog post, Nat and I just finished picking out paint colors for the whole house. It's crazy how many color choices there are. For the living room we chose khaki (quite a sensible, boring name); crisp celery was a close second, but it was, well, just a bit too crisp.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats