Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

GO CARDS


We're still pretty excited about the Cardinals winning the world series. There was a parade downtown on the Sunday after the series, for those of you who don't live here in St. Louis, and I heard there were 500,000 people there! Though Elliot missed the parade, he does often show his enthusiasm for the red birds by wearing papa's hat.

Michael and I kinda miss the world series. It was like, for a few days, people would just walk by you on the street and say, "Go Cards!" like we were all in something together. There was always something to do at night once the kids went to bed. Something to anticipate. I was happy and sad when we won. It was kindof like Christmas, like that post-Christmas let down once it's all over.

In other news, Elliot very clearly said "bye-bye" while waving to Uncle Jeremy Patch last night. It was very impressive. Totally out of nowhere. I think I don't really believe the kid is ever going to communicate like a real human. So when these understandable words come falling out of his mouth, I feel as if he must be a child genius. At least for a minute.

2 Comments:

Blogger gma b said...

Of course he's a genius! how could you doubt it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Aunt Andri said...

Elliot is a smart boy! I was obsessed with the world series. They were playing when I was doing my 12 hour nighttime PCM's, so I would turn on the TV in the break room and everytime I went by I would poke my head in to check the score. Maybe when we move to St. Louis we can try going to see them again. Of course we will have to start saving our money now! Dad says the tickets are very expensive. So any way Yeah Elliot, Go Cards! Love, Aunt Andri
Oh, by the way...we have a blog spot now too. It is OttawaKS.blogspot.com. It is not very exciting yet, probably won't be for awhile.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats