Bartmer Ave.

A quick way for out of town relatives to keep an eye on our kids.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Elliot's first birthday





Is this kid not the cutest? We had a great time at Elliot's birthday party. Though he was mostly cranky, tired, and teething, there were golden moments. He loved the candles, as he seems to take after mama in his obsession with fire. The chocolate frosting was also a hit, though some came back out a bit later... His actual birthday is Monday, 8.21.06, but we celebrated a bit early so others could join us. I have to say, I'm a bit sad about birthday number one. Does this mean I can't call him "baby" anymore, which I use more than "Elliot"? I know it's cliche, but MAN has this first year gone fast. I still remember the first time I think he really looked at me, about 2am in the hospital, that first night. Everything was dark, Michael was snoring on the couch, and a nurse brought him to me, ready to eat. I had been waiting for him, anticipating seeing and touching him again. I pulled him to me and he just looked up at me, with these big, beautiful slate blue eyes like, you're my mama, do you know that? I'm yours, are you gonna take care of me? It makes me cry, seriously, still, to think about that moment. I think that's when I loved him, really loved him, first. I've been hooked ever since.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, Elliot. Beautiful writing, Chris.

1:08 AM  
Blogger gma b said...

My baby has a baby who's already a year old! I thank God for both (actually all 3) of you.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Tirzah said...

What a privelege we have in those moments to see Gods love for us. Call him Baby as long as you want! love you guys-mamaR

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Elliot!! I miss you guys much.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what Tirzah wrote right here. It seems so fitting to learn more about God's love right here on your blog, Chris, since you first helped me see how God is about joyfully loving his children. Now, through you and Tirzah, I saw his love for each of us even more clearly. Tirzah, if you read this, thanks for making that connection for me! I love you guys.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Christine Gordon said...

I miss you, Maria! It makes me so happy to see your name pop up on my blog! I'm very excited to see you this weekend...chris

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i just learned to do this....Angie asked me if i ever read the comments, duh what comments!!! i love this happy birthday Elliott i miss you. the first one is the greatest i really enjoyed Austins first birthday.(even tho he pucked all over) hes still my baby and Elliott will be too even at 40.I love you guys xxooxxoo

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats